picture was taken 4/09

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Virtue

Tonight we had an amazing activity! I just need to document it.
It started in March I saw the idea posted on FB somewhere. It centered around virtue.  I always find it hard to find an activity for virtue so I jumped on this one!
I felt great about it,  I was excited.
So I decided to invite the bishopric's wife's to the activity to talk about their temple marriage and the guidance of the spirit.  For decoration I would invite them and the YW lagers to bring their wedding dresses and temple dresses, wedding pictures and other wedding memorabilia to display.  One of the YW leaders made a small wedding cake and we had a slush.

A few weeks went by and I hadn't asked the ladies yet. I just felt it wasn't right.  One Sunday, the Sunday I was gonna ask I found out one of the councilors wife was gonna be gone so I decided to think for another week and decide what to do.  I decided I wanted to ask the relief society president, and one of the bishop councilors wife but the third.  I wasn't sure. 
Everything was arranged,  slush was made and freezing.  I thought of the last person and felt great about it! 
We say in church and the sister wasn't there so I looked around thinking of someone else.  She finally walked it. I asked her, she said she was busy but would make the time. 
I have felt great about the activity for weeks.  But today,  today the doubt rolled in.  I think it was my depression and feeling inadequate.  It was Satan playing tricks on me again. 
I wasn't sure how it would turn out. I got there early to set up, a few of the other leaders helped. We had 9 dresses displayed, 4 albums and many pictures! Then the girls slowly started to come. I was a little disappointed in the low numbers but even if one was there it would have been worth it.
We sang I love to see the temple,  and then I invited the 3 sisters up and they began with their stories.  It was so fun to see them talk about their courting and engagement.  They each had different experiences and the spirit was so strong. I loved it.  Then we went in the other room and had the cake and slush.  Then the girls started trying on a couple of the dresses which was totally spontaneous and fun!
It turned out so great!

No comments: