picture was taken 4/09

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

She was found!

I had an hour till work so I put lunch in the microwave, did some vacuuming while it cooked and decided to sit down and use the hour to do some indexing. I signed in, downloaded a batch, read the instructions and got to work. Today I did some passenger lists from the late 1800's. There were names from Germany, Russia, Prussia and one even from Holland. "I thought oh goody! an easy one!"
One reason I love to index is I love to think about the names I index, what their life was like. I especially love military records. Some times it is really sad though. I did some gravestone orders from WWI and it was sad to see these young men's death dates compared to their birth dates, they were so young. These men all fought for our country a great peaceful love over comes me when I do them!

Well, I finished the batch and looked at the clock, I had some time so I downloaded one more. I was overcome with tears! Holy COW! This has never happened before. I fought through the tears and when I was about a third of the way through I came to a name! She was soo happy to be found!! Her spirit was soo strong!! She was right here with me! She was WITH me! I couldn't hold them in, the tears flowed freely.




later in the day I wanted to finish this post but didn't want to start crying again because every time I thought about it I was overcome with emotion.
I was thinking about it again a while later and thought of a video our ward indexing leaders showed during a meeting. I thought about this sweet sister whom I helped today and got goosebumps and teared up again. Watch the video! It really DOES happen!! I have a testimony of that!

1 comment:

Brigitte said...

I love this Sheri! What an amazing experience!